This week we are focusing on Isaiah 40:12-26. The following are some study suggestions to help you get started.
- Read through Isaiah 40: 12-26.
- Meditate on and/or journal the answers to the following questions.
- What does this passage teach me about God and His character?
- How does this aspect of God’s character change my view of myself?
- What should I do in response?
- As you read the passage this week, jot down all that you learn about God.
- What/whom does God have control over?
- After observing what you learn about God, whom can you compare Him to?
- If God is indeed the Creator and Sovereign over all, do you trust Him with every circumstance you face in life? Why or why not?
- Thought question: If God created the universe numbering the host of heaven and calling them all by name (v.28), do you think He can forget His own people? As a follower of Christ, do you understand how precious you are in the eyes of God?
- Take some time this week to take a walk or spend some quiet time with the Lord out in His creation. Meditate on Him and His works and what you have learned so far in Isaiah 40.
GOING DEEPER (optional): For further teaching and application, do one or more of the following:
- Read chapter 27, “God’s Uniqueness, Our Assurance (40: 12-26)” in Isaiah: God Saves Sinners or listen to Ray Ortlund’s sermon series on line. (Most of the sermons correspond to the chapters in his book.)
- Listen to the sermon(s) from Pastor Liam Goligher’s sermon series on Isaiah that go along with this week’s reading.
“Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10 ~