GraceWay Church has resumed in-person worship services. We made a number of changes to our Sunday mornings to keep everyone healthy and safe. We ask that you take a few minutes to read through the new procedures. Thank you!
While we are looking forward to being together again, for the health and safety of our church family, this is not a return to “normal” – at least not yet. After consulting the guidelines from state and local health officials as well as the CDC, we have made changes to what our Sunday mornings will look like for the time being. Please note, this is a fluid situation and recommendations change frequently. We will do our best to communicate the most up-to-date information, but ask for your grace and flexibility as we come back together during these unprecedented times.
We know not everyone is going to feel comfortable returning to church just yet – and that’s OK! Each household needs to prayerfully consider what is the best decision for their situation. For those who are most at-risk, we encourage you to remain at home for a while longer. The 9:00 a.m. worship service will be live-streamed on our website and a video of the service will be available after 10:30 a.m. on Sunday mornings.
On Sunday mornings, we will offer a one-hour worship service at 9:00 a.m. with limited seating at three locations throughout the building, each with its own set of doors for entry and exit, bathrooms, and parking lots. This will allow us to accommodate more people while still maintaining social distancing and also allow for differing levels of precaution (additional precautions will be implemented in room 103 – music room).
The separate venues are also intended to reduce widespread exposure in the event of an unintentional spread of the COVID-19 virus. For this reason, we would ask that the various locations remain separate from one another on Sunday mornings and that people not congregate with the other group. So please avoid walking through the church to the gym (or vice versa) or approaching the other parking lots to interact with others who attended the other location. We recognize an exception for those worshipping in the gym who need to use the elevator to get downstairs. See below for more detail on the requirements for each location.
- Chairs will be set up in household group* clusters, 6 feet apart, to allow for social distancing. Ushers will help families get settled/move around chairs as necessary. *A household group can consist of people who are already interacting with each other (i.e., a family and parents who live in different houses) as long as the group is less than 10 people.
- Seating will be limited in each location; all participants are asked to sign-up online to reserve a spot. Call the church office if you need assistance.
- Please avoid congregating at entrances and doorways.
- After the service, please head out to the parking lot. There will be no coffee or fellowship in the foyer. If you decide to have conversations in the parking lot, please maintain social distance.
- Preaching will be done live; congregational singing will occur late in the service to limit exposure as well as have fewer songs.
- Those attending worship in the sanctuary are asked to park in either the north or south parking lots and enter through those doors. Please only use the restrooms in the foyer and do not go to other areas of the church to allow for separation from those worshipping in the gym.
- Wearing a mask/face covering is encouraged, but not required. Please understand that those addressing the congregation from the platform will not be wearing a face covering so as to be clearly understood.
- Worship will be live streamed from the sanctuary.
- Those attending worship in the church gym are asked to park in the back parking lot on the westside of the building and enter through the northwest or southwest doors. Please only use the restrooms in the basement and do not go to other areas of the church to allow for separation from those worshipping in the sanctuary. Those who need to use the elevator to get to the gym may enter though the main foyer.
Room 103 (Music Room)
- Worship will be live streamed from the sanctuary; music may be replayed from the sanctuary, but as an added precaution we are asking people to not sing out-loud.
- Please park in the north parking lot and enter through the main north foyer doors. Please only use the restrooms in the foyer and do not go to other areas of the church to allow for separation from other groups.
- Wearing a mask is required. While we do have some masks available for use, our supply is limited and ask everyone to bring their own if possible.
Cleaning & Safety Measures
Hand sanitizing stations will be placed throughout the building. We encourage you to sanitize your hands upon arrival and again when leaving the building.
Reduced Touch Points
- Removing high touch items, including coffee, bulletins, brochures, name tags, pens, children’s activity packets, etc.
- No passing of offering bags or communion plates. Offering boxes have been installed by the sanctuary doors and the kitchen area in the gym. Online giving is another no-touch option.
- Using non-touch greetings, such as a smile or a wave rather than handshakes, fist bumps, etc.
- Exterior and interior doors will be propped open during arrival and exit times, weather permitting.
- A cleaning team will sanitize high touch areas and restrooms between services (water fountains will be closed).
Church library will be closed for the time being, as will be the Quiet Room (cry room off the sanctuary).
Nursery is available during the worship service. We are limiting the number of children, and so parents are asked to reserve a spot for your child. Please know that children in the nursery will be in contact with other children and adults. No snacks will be provided, and the number of toys has been reduced to aid in cleaning. We hope to be able to offer Children’s Church in the future when circumstances allow.
What We’re Asking of You
We understand there are many different opinions about the COVID-19 situation. But in order to regather and follow recommended guidelines, we need your help. Here is what we’re asking of our church family.
- Social distancing: please follow the “6-foot” rule when interacting with others. No shaking hands, hugs, etc. We miss it too, but we’re not there yet.
- Be respectful of our volunteers and others: everyone has a different comfort level with social interaction in a post COVID-19 world. Please be mindful of that. Also, our volunteers are being asked to implement these new guidelines. If you are asked to move where you are sitting or any other requests, we greatly appreciate your cooperation. If you have concerns with any of the guidelines, please contact Pastors Bryan or Rod.
- Reserve your spot: seats will be limited at each service/location. You will need to sign-up each member of your family who is attending.
- Not feeling well?: if you are under the weather or have symptoms of COVID-19 (or were recently exposed to a possible/confirmed case), please help us protect the health and safety of the congregation by staying home. At this time, we will not be doing health screenings. The service will be live-streamed and video posted each week for those unable to attend.
- Please bring your own Bible, pen, paper, face covering, children’s activities, etc.
- Use of church facilities: while the bathrooms will be available, we ask that you limit use while in the building. Water fountains will be closed.
- Patience and grace: it’s been a long few months and we understand we’re all ready to get back to “normal.” In the meantime, we ask for your patience and grace (with the church and each other) as we navigate this situation. Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Colossians 3:12