GraceWay Church has resumed in-person worship services. We ask that you take a few minutes to read through the procedures. Thank you!
We made changes to our Sunday morning worship service to keep everyone healthy and safe. Our county Health Department is urging residents to continue preventive practices to slow the spread of COVID-19 in our communities. We encourage all who are able to consider this request as we continue the in-person regathering process.
We know not everyone is going to feel comfortable returning to church just yet – and that’s OK! Each household needs to prayerfully consider what is the best decision for their situation. The 9:00 a.m. worship service will be live-streamed on our website and a video of the service will be available after 10:30 a.m. on Sunday mornings.
Nursery (birth-2 years) and Children’s Church (3 years old – 2nd Grade) are available. Nursery is located upstairs, room 203, and is available for the entire service. Children’s Church children will attend the first 1/2 hour of the service with their parents. Around 9:30 children will be dismissed from the service to meet their teachers by the stairs leading up to the Children’s wing for Children’s Church. After the service, parents should pick up their children upstairs in the Children’s wing, 3-PreK in room 201 (first room on the left), K-2nd grade in the Chapel at the end of the hall. Questions or concerns can be directed to Kim at email@example.com.
On Sunday mornings, we will offer a 70-minute worship service at 9:00 a.m. with two venue options (detailed below).
Sanctuary (Main Venue)
- Chairs are set up in rows. Please be sensitive to the desires of others. Assume others would prefer social distance be maintained until you learn otherwise.
- Preaching will be done live; congregational singing will occur early in the service.
Room 103 (Extra Precautions/Overflow)
- Worship will be live streamed from the sanctuary; music is replayed from the sanctuary and singing along is encouraged.
- Wearing a mask is required. While we do have some masks available for use, our supply is limited and ask everyone to bring their own if possible.
- Seating will be spread out to allow for social distancing.
Cleaning & Safety Measures
Bottles of hand sanitizer will be placed throughout the building. We encourage you to sanitize your hands upon arrival and again when leaving the building.
Reduced Touch Points
No passing of offering bags or communion plates. Offering boxes have been installed by the sanctuary doors and the kitchen area in the gym. Online giving is another no-touch option.
Exterior and interior doors will be propped open during arrival and exit times, weather permitting.
What We’re Asking of You
We understand there are many different opinions about the COVID-19 situation. But in order to regather and follow recommended guidelines, we need your help. Here is what we’re asking of our church family.
- Be respectful of our volunteers and others: everyone has a different comfort level with social interaction in a post COVID-19 world. Please be mindful of that. Also, our volunteers are being asked to implement these guidelines. If you are asked to move where you are sitting or any other requests, we greatly appreciate your cooperation. If you have concerns with any of the guidelines, please contact Pastors Bryan or Rod.
- Not feeling well?: if you are under the weather or have symptoms of COVID-19 (or were recently exposed to a possible/confirmed case), please help us protect the health and safety of the congregation by staying home. At this time, we will not be doing health screenings. The service will be live-streamed and video posted each week for those unable to attend.
- If you forget to bring a pen, paper or face covering, please check with an usher and they will help you locate one or all of these items (limited supply). If you forgot your Bible, we have Bibles located on the book rack under every third pew chair in the sanctuary and room 103 (extra precautions) venues.
- Patience and grace: it’s been a long road this last year and we understand we’re all ready to get back to “normal.” In the meantime, we ask for your patience and grace (with the church and each other) as we navigate this situation. Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Colossians 3:12